The CashAnalytics Summary Series takes major Central Banks’ extensive reports (often well over 150 pages), and summarises them into 5 minute reads.
This release summarises the 2nd edition of the ECB Economic Bulletin for 2018, which was released on the 22nd March.
The key points covered in the report include:
- Key ECB interest rates were unchanged and are expected to remain at present levels for “an extended period of time”.
- The Governing council confirm the need for “an ample degree of monetary accommodation” to return inflation rates towards levels that are “below, but close to, 2%”.
- The rate of global economic expansion strengthened in the second half of 2017, with resilient US real GDP growth.
- Growth in the euro area was robust in Q4 2017, with real GDP rising by 0.6% quarter-on-quarter.
- Net asset purchases are intended to continue at €30 billion per month until the end of September 2018 or beyond.
To read the summary of the ECB Economic Bulletin, please click here.